All international students, as well as Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada, are eligible for government scholarships. A PhD program, an MA/PhD, an MD/PhD, or a master’s program leading to a PhD are all eligible for the award. The PhD program will receive $50,000 during the course of the three-year Vanier CGS 2024 financing period. The goal of the Canadian scholarships for international students is to identify exceptional candidates with leadership skills who have achieved academically in engineering, natural science, social science, or health-related science. Academic achievement, leadership potential, and research potential are the three main factors used to choose candidates for the Canadian postgraduate scholarship program. The Vanier Canada Scholarship recipients are chosen solely based on their application materials; there is no interview process.
With the aid of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, students can concentrate more on their academic objectives by having their financial needs for tuition and living expenses greatly met. Furthermore, Canadian universities are famous for their high academic standards and state-of-the-art research facilities, providing international students with a stimulating atmosphere in which to pursue advanced degrees. As a result of the mentorship, industrial partnerships, and access to key professional networks, scholars’ job prospects in Canada and around the world are improved.
Field of Study:
- Health Science
- Natural science and engineering
- Social science and humanities
- The applicant and the nominating university must meet the requirements.
- International students, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada can apply.
- They must pursue a PhD for the first time and be full-time students at Canadian institutions.
- Furthermore, they must be nominated by only one institute/university under the Vainer CGS universities quota.
- Applicants must intend to pursue a full-time doctoral degree in the summer semester or the academic year of the announcement of results.
- Applicants pursuing joint professional degree programs such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD are eligible for the scholarship. However, only the PhD program will be funded.
- Students must have completed no more than twenty months of full-time study in a doctoral program by 1 May 2024 (for a doctoral program that will begin after a master’s degree. The time is calculated from the doctoral enrolment date).
- Applicants must have completed no more than 32 months of their full-time study in a doctoral program by 1 May 2024 (for doctoral programs enrolled in a joint graduate research program that started directly after a bachelor’s without obtaining a master’s degree. The time period is calculated from the starting date on which the student is officially registered in the joint graduate program).
- They shall not receive any other award, scholarship or funding for PhD program.
- Furthermore, applicants must have a significant research history or component in the research proposal.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average in the last two years of full-time study.
- Moreover, applicants must not receive or have received any other fellowship or scholarship from the following three agencies CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships will grant $50,000 per annum for three years of the PhD program.
- The grant is almost enough to cover tuition fees and living expenses in Canada as a student.
- A chance to study at a top Canadian institute of the applicant’s choice.
- Scholarship recipients will get an opportunity to visit Canada for free with the Vanier Canada graduate scholarships.
- A ResearchNet application form.
- Canadian common CV (CCV/Resume).
- A nomination letter of a maximum of two pages.
- Institution transcripts.
- Personal Leadership Statement of a maximum of two pages for English or 2.5 pages for French applications.
- Two Leadership reference Letters of a maximum of two pages each.
- Research proposal of a maximum of two pages for English or 2.5 pages for French applications.
- Project references of a maximum of five pages.
- Research contributions of a maximum of one page.
- Two referee assessments.
How To Apply:
Deadline: 1st November, 2023
- Applicants cannot directly apply to Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024 before that, they must choose an institution/university first.
- Applicants should start by looking into Canadian universities to ensure Vanier’s CGS quota for the institute of their choice; then, the applicant must be nominated by the institution for the scholarship.
- After the first step, start the Research Net application form and meet all the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship application requirements.
- The application form for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024 can be filled in French or English language only.
- Check the format in which the required documents will be attached and complete all the mandatory steps. Recheck the form to make sure nothing is missed.
- Submit the application to the nominating institute before the internal deadline ends.
- Nominating institute/university will forward recommended nominations to the Secretariat.
- One student can be nominated by only one institute; if multiple institutes are interested in nominating the same individual, they must choose one institute, as numerous nominations for the same individual will be rejected.
- If the application is selected for scholarship nomination, the applicant will receive an automated email and ResearchNet about the acknowledgement.
- The nominee is responsible for contacting the institute for information regarding application and selection.