The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024 is a Fully Funded Master and Ph.D. Scholarship for students outside the UK. This program was established in 2000 from a Donation of Bill and Melinda Gates to the University of Cambridge, UK. Each year they select 80 students from all around the world for the Fully Funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship program. The Trusty has awarded over 2,000 scholarships from more than 100 countries.
Gates Scholarship is available in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The scholarship is one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. And one of the prestigious UK Scholarships like Chevening, Commonwealth. Are you ready to take your career to the Next level? More details about the Scholarship are given below.
Details About Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024
- Host Country: UK
- Scholarship Name: Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- University Name: Cambridge University
- Scholarship for: Master, PhD, MSC, MLitt
- No of Scholarships: 80
- Deadline: (11 October 2023 for USA), (4th January 2024 for all others)
Benefits of the Gates Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge:
- University Fee.
- Maintenance allowance for a single student (£20,000 for 12 months at the 2023-24 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- One Single Airfare Ticket.
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
The Trust also provides Funding for:
- £500 to up to £2,000 for attending conferences and courses.
- Dependent Children Allowance – up to £11,604 for one child and up to £16,548 for two or more children
- Fieldwork Allowance
- Maternity/Paternity funding
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship is available in all academic disciplines, Except:
- Any Undergraduate degree, such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MASt courses
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time, Home students only)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees other than the PhD
- Non-degree courses
The above courses are not covered by the Gates scholarship.
- For the Gates Cambridge scholarship, applicants from outside the UK can apply.
- Applicants with excellent academic skills, grades.
- The applicant must apply for the course first at the University of Cambridge.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024?
All applicants Please apply by the Course Funding Deadline referenced in the University Course Directory
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
The Admission section Part
In this part you have to provide all details about your self, your plans, academic background. You are applying to a specific graduate course.
The Funding Section
In this section you can apply for the various fundings at the Cambridge University including including the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, which has it’s own sub-section.
The Following things will be asked for the Gates Scholarship:
- Gates Cambridge statement (approximately 500 words)
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference (two academic references)