Exceptional candidates can apply for Commonwealth Scholarships to study for free for a master’s degree in the UK. The fully financed Commonwealth master’s scholarships for overseas students are open to mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income nations. The goal of these fully financed scholarships in the UK is to help talented individuals from all backgrounds become leaders and innovators while also advancing peace and economic stability in these low- and middle-income nations. They also want to assist Commonwealth citizens who cannot afford to attend UK universities. Students can advance their knowledge and develop their talents in the fields of their choice thanks to this UK scholarship. Additionally, students don’t have to worry about paying tuition or other expenses to attend prestigious UK colleges.
The UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has provided funding for this fully financed master’s scholarship program to give students the chance to study for free in the UK. By assisting brilliant and career-driven applicants from low- and middle-income countries, Commonwealth Scholarships serve as a catalyst for sustainable development. 30,000 scholarships have been given out since 1960. Master’s scholarships from the Commonwealth are available in six key categories, including science and technology, fostering world prosperity, crisis management, health systems, and access to a variety of opportunities. Students will also have access to a community network made up of Commonwealth alumni.
Field of Study
- Science And Technology For Development
- Strengthening Health Systems & Capacity
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security & Governance
- Strengthening Resilience & Response To Crises
- Access, Inclusion & Opportunity
- Students must be residents of any of the eligible Commonwealth countries.
- They must be native or with refugee status in any eligible Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must be British-protected persons.
- They must be available to study in the UK by September 2024, the beginning of the UK academic calendar.
- Also, the applicants must provide all the necessary documents in the required format.
- Furthermore, the Commonwealth encourages students unable to afford to study in the UK to apply for this scholarship.
- They must have a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honors standard or a second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Selected students will get an air ticket from student’s home country to the UK and a return ticket after the scholarship duration is completed.
- Scholars will get full tuition fees.
- Students will get a monthly stipend of £1,347 or £1,652 per month.
- The fully funded scholarship in the UK also covers the warm cloth allowance.
- Furthermore, it will also cover the cost of the thesis or dissertation.
- Provision of study travel grants within or outside the UK.
- In addition, applicants who are divorced, widowed, or single parents will receive £576.61 per month for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Also, an additional allowance will be provided for a disabled person.
- This is a fully funded opportunity to study in the UK for free.
- It is an excellent chance to explore the United Kingdom.
- A copy of your valid passport or national ID card that shows your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
- Applicant’s transcripts of all higher education qualifications.
- Updated transcripts for courses currently being studied (if any), with translations if not in English.
- Two reference letters from two professors/individuals on institutional letterhead.
How To Apply
Deadline: 17th October, 2023
- Applicants must apply through CSC’s online application system.
- Fill out the application form carefully and answer all the questions.
- You must apply from one of the given nominating bodies i.e. National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations and Charitable bodies.
- Also, CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships.
- Students must check if nominating agencies have any different eligibility criteria. Therefore, they should also check their nominating bodies’ eligibility criteria and ask for their specific advice and rules for the application process. Furthermore, they can set their deadline for applications.
- Make sure that your referees submit reference letters before the deadline. They will receive an email for reference letter submission.