Deadline: 10 January 2024
Empower, connect, and support the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) through the TechWomen Program. Applications are now open for this transformative initiative, designed to provide access and opportunities for women in STEM to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and become role models in their communities.
TechWomen, launched in 2011, is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and is managed by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
TechWomen brings together emerging women leaders in STEM from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East with their counterparts in the United States for a mentorship and exchange program. The initiative aims to provide participants with access to networks, resources, and knowledge that empower them to reach their full potential.
- Roundtrip international airfare from the participant’s home country to the United States
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco or Chicago to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in designated locations during the mentorship period
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stay in Washington, D.C.
- Public transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Illinois, and Washington, D.C.
Participants are responsible for non-program activities, independent sightseeing, cultural events, and any non-program-related domestic or international travel.
From the moment Emerging Leaders arrive, they are immersed in the innovative culture of Silicon Valley, the San Francisco Bay Area, or Chicago. Through collaboration with Professional Mentors and exploration with Cultural Mentors, participants will:
- Challenge themselves with new questions and concepts
- Collaborate with like-minded women on innovative projects
- Network with influential industry leaders
- Discover their own innovative leadership style
- Create meaningful friendships with women from around the world
- Explore diverse communities in the program locations
- Inspire the next generation of women and girls in their home countries
- Be women with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in STEM fields
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Be citizens and permanent residents of specific countries at the time of application
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States in the past five years
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track
- Are committed to returning to their home countries to share knowledge and mentor others
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service, entrepreneurialism, and commitment to innovation
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, mentoring, and partnership development
TechWomen encourages individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, including those with disabilities, to apply.
For more information and to apply, CLICK HERE. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a program that not only transforms careers but also contributes to advancing the rights and participation of women and girls globally. Apply by January 10, 2024, and embark on a journey of empowerment and professional growth with TechWomen.