The University of Minnesota is currently helping students fulfill their educational dream through mind-blowing Undergraduate Research Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
New international freshmen admitted to the University also will be considered for the Undergraduate Research Scholarship. Undergraduate research at the university spans all academic disciplines and interests.
As a public university, the University of Minnesota is home to the sixth-largest campus student body in the United States. Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes are available.
Why study at the University of Minnesota? Candidates will receive a stimulating and challenging education at this university during their study tenure. Information and career counselors are available to students.
Application Deadline: November 1
- University or Organization: University of Minnesota
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate research
- Award: Up to $1,400
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be undergraduate research students
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grab the opportunity, aspirants have to enroll in the undergraduate research programme at the university. After that, you have to complete the online application form and Faculty Recommendation Form
- Supporting Documents: Official documents are those that are original or attested copies of original academic documents that are mailed in a sealed, stamped envelope directly from the secondary school or examination board, scanned or electronic copy of an official document is considered unofficial and write a project proposal.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must be a high school candidate while applying to a bachelor’s degree program at the university.
- Language Requirement: The University of Minnesota requires all non-native English speakers to demonstrate a command of the English language that is necessary for success in college-level classes taught in English.
There are two parts of URS Award Funding:
- URS Scholarship Stipend
- $1,400 for 120 hours of research, paid through financial aid
- The first $700 will be awarded at the beginning of your project and the final $700 will be awarded once all four ending requirements are met.
- Expense Money
- Up to $300; a detailed list must be given on the URS application to account for the cost of supplies requested. Typical expenses include lab materials, compensation for human subjects, travel to field sites (more than 50 miles away), and other costs directly related to the project.