York is a leading international teaching and research university and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective. We are preparing our students for their long-term career and personal success. Together we are making things right for our communities, our planet, and our future.
If you’re seeking opportunities to study abroad with a scholarship in Canada. Then York University is the best place for you! It provides a variety of foreign student scholarship opportunities in order to encourage education. Both undergraduate and graduate students receive a number of foreign scholarships to minimize the financial burden.
For US students: It is possible to transfer your FAFSA loans to assist you when studying at York University. York’s FAFSA code is G07679.
Explore the tools below for information on the financial aid available to foreign applicants.
Scholarships and awards for international students are minimal. During your studies in York, you should be prepared to support yourself.
Awards that do not require an application are labeled as “no award application required”, you are automatically eligible for them.
For applicants, complete and submit a Foreign Student Scholarship & Award Application form.
Application opens December 7, 2020, and closes February 1, 2021.
The follow are the eligibility criteria to apply for Scholarship.
- Must be an International Student
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2021
- Must have an excellent academic record
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application
Deadline of submission is February 1, 2021
After Get Selected:
|International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction||$35,000 x 4 years|
|Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students||$20,000 x 4 years|
|International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship||$15,000|
|York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students||$5,000-10,000|
Visit the Work/Study website for information on job opportunities available to international students at York.
OTHER SOURCES / EXTERNAL FUNDING
Many organizations offer awards and/or scholarships. Sites noted below are helpful for information on additional funding opportunities.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
- The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- iStudent Canad
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) – for graduate studies
- York awards search
Visit: York University