Studying in Canada is very expensive if you are looking for higher education. Canadian education system is on of the best in the world. With latest teaching methods and laboratories, Canada is leading the world with cutting edge research and development. Study in Canada is very expensive and it is very hard to manage funds for it. However, if you have strong academic scores and as little experience/exposure as possible, you may be eligible for one of the many scholarships in Canada for international students to study in Canadian universities.
The following are some of the top undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral scholarship in Canada for students from Africa. Application deadlines of each scholarship is also provided.
1. MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
This is one of the top funded scholarship for African students. It is 500$M initiative to help 15,000 young scholars from Africa. Three Canadian universities have singed MOU with MasterCard Foundation Scholarships.
Application Deadline: September- December
2. The Canadian Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program (CGS M)
The CGS M scholarship program is for international students on permanent residency who wish to pursue research in the fields of health, engineering, natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities. It supports up to 2000 students in Canadian higher education institutions.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be a student at the Master’s or Doctoral level or is an applicant at the Canadian institution with a CGS M allocation.
- Not be a past recipient of the scholarship.
- Has achieved a first-class average.
3.Karen McKellen International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia (undergraduate scholarship)
The applicant must:
- Be applying for his/her first degree
- Be an international student
- Enter from a recognized secondary school.
- Be an A student
- Demonstrate a great level of financial need.
- Must meet the UBC English language admission requirement by January 2022.
4.University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (Master’s and PhD)
The scholarship has annual funding of $2.1 million. It is for all faculties, except MBA students and is open to all students, regardless of nationalities.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA, though some faculties require a higher GPA.
- He must be a full-time student without provision.
5.University of Canada West (MBA scholarship)
Scholarship is up to $11700 in tuition.
- Acceptable score on GMAT and GRE within the last five years.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce.
- A minimum of two years professional experience.