The Memorial University of Newfoundland is welcoming international students to take part in the Transforming Our Horizons Entrance Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.This programme has been started to support students and scholars from all over the world financially, depending upon their academic potential. Eligibility will be determined based on ten GPA or the undergraduate applicants. Award amount may vary from $500 – $4,000.
The Memorial University of Newfoundland, also known as Memorial University or MUN, is a public university in Newfoundland and Labrador, ranked 675th in Best Global Universities. MUN’s mission is to inspire students to be entrepreneurial and innovative.
Why choose to study at the Memorial University of Newfoundland? Memorial University is an inclusive community dedicated to innovation and excellence in teaching and learning, research, scholarship, creative activity, service, and public engagement.
Application Deadline: Students must follow the general application deadline, i.e., 1st February 2022. International students are advised to apply before June of every year due to the time required to apply, process the application, and apply for a visa/study permit.
Also Check: Fully funded Scholarships in New Zealand
- University or Organization: Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $4,000
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Access Mode: Online / On-Campus
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: Home country national students, i.e. Canadians and other international students are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate study programmes of MUN are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a minimum of 85% to 97% marks.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the university’s application portal and submit their admission applications. All students qualify for general entrance scholarships based on their early admission average.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit interim high school transcripts, personal statements, and mid-year grades.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have provided all documentation as required by the university at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- CAE – 176
- CAEL – 50 to 60
- CanTEST – 4.5
- Duolingo – 115
- MET – 59
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 58
- TOEFL – 79
The selected students will be provided as low as $500 and as much as $4,000 towards their undergraduate studies at MUN. The award amount will be distributed as listed below:
- 98% and higher will receive $4,00
- 95% – 97.9% will receive $2,550
- 90% to 94.9% will receive $1,275
- 85% to 89.9% will receive $500
- International students will receive entrance scholarships valued at $4,000 (non-renewable) and are based on academic merit.