Apply for the most-awaited and prestigious Korean Government Fully Funded Scholarships 2022. It was previously known as KGSP, now it is known as Global Korea Scholarship. This scholarship is a full-funded program for international students; all their expenses are sponsored by Korean Government. The scholarship is for offered to pursue master and PhD programs. The duration of fully-funded scholarships in South Korea for the master program is a maximum of 3 years and 4 years for PhD.
The Korean government contrived this scholarship program to improve diplomatic relations with other countries by inviting citizens of other countries to attend South Korean universities and promote cultural exchange. The government aims to award 1,080 scholarships for graduate, doctoral, and research studies. Selected candidates will study at different top universities in South Korea; they can choose from a wide range of academic fields and majors.
Benefits from Korean Government Fully Funded Scholarships 2022 :
Here are the benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship 2022:
- The flight cost will be covered under the Korean government scholarship.
- Moving costs (KRW 200,000) will be provided.
- A living allowance of around KRW 900,000 to 1,000,000 will be provided.
- Health insurance will be covered.
- Korean language courses no more than KRW 800,000 will be provided.
- University costs (no more than KRW 5,000,000).
- The Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency.
- Research allowance (KRW 210,000 to 240,000/semester).
- Thesis printing allowance (KRW 500,000 to 800,000) for PhD and research students.
- Completion grant (KRW 100,000; awarded only one time).
Eligibility Criteria for Korean Government Fully Funded Scholarships 2022:
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022:
- Firstly, Anyone that does not have a Korean passport or parents with a Korean passport can apply.
- Secondly, Applicants must not have significant physical and mental health issues.
- Thirdly, Applicants of graduate degrees must be less than 40 years of age at the beginning of their degree program.
- Additionally, Applicants of graduate degree programs must have a GPA equivalent to 80% from the last educational institution that they attended.
- Moreover, Applicants that already possess an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree are not eligible for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022.
- Lastly, Previous students to whom the Korean Government Scholarship was awarded may apply for it again, as long as they have a GPA equivalent to 90% and a TOPIK score level 5 or above.
Other details :
- Students selected for the fully funded scholarship must take a one-year course in the Korean language at their respective institutions (however, students that score a level higher than 5 in TOPIK need not do so).
- This program does not allow students to transfer or join in their junior year of education.
- Firstly, Recommendation letter
- Secondly, Statement of Purpose
- Thirdly, Transcripts
- Additionally, Proficiency certificate
- For of medical assessment
- Lastly, Valid Passport
Application Process of Global Korea Scholarship:
- Interested students can apply through the Korean Embassy in the country where they reside and attend university.
- The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) will receive the applicant’s details through the Korean Embassy or the applicant’s university. All students that meet requirements will be carefully assessed. The Korean Embassy will then be informed of finalists for the Korean Government Scholarship Program.
- There is no direct online link to apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022, only the website of Study in Korea, run by the Korean government. This website only has details of the scholarship.
- The deadline is different according to the university so it is better to apply as soon as possible.