The doors are open for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK 2021 entry. The Cambridge University Scholarship is a Prestigious International Scholarship Funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship to Study Masters and Ph.D. Degree at Cambridge University from the United Kingdom. The Gates Cambridge University Scholarship is a Prestigious Fully Funded Scholarship to International Students and U.S Citizens. All Participants outside the UK are eligible for the Bill and Melina Gates Foundation Scholarship.
Each Year Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation awards 90 Scholarships For Full-time Postgraduate Masters and Ph.D. Studies at Cambridge University in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. This is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. Bill Gates the founder of Microsoft, also giving Bill Gates Scholarships 2021 in the United States. This is different from the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Gates Scholarship 2021 will cover the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. For the Gates Masters Scholarship, the Maximum duration will be for 2 Years whereas for Gates Ph.D. Scholarship up to 4 Years. The Scholarship will be taken at the University of Cambridge. A world-leading graduate education. Consistently ranked among the top universities.
Details About Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- University: Cambridge University
- Funded by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Course Level: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 7 January 2021 (For International). 14th Oct 2020 (For USA Citizens)
What is the Gates Scholarship?
Cambridge Scholarship is a Prestigious International Student Scholarship Funded by the Bill and Melinda gates scholarship to Study Master’s and Ph.D. Degree at Cambridge University from the United Kingdom.
The aim of this Program is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
It was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Gates Scholarship Amount and Value
Scholarship for International Students will Cover the Full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. It covers the following costs:
- University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course.
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic Development Funding: From up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork: You may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship Funding: For unforeseen difficulties.
Duration of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Ph.D. Degree: 3 Year, 4 Year, 5 Year, 7 Year
- Master Degree: 1 Year, 2 Year
Available Academic Fields and Majors
It offers all fields of study available at the University. There are no academic restrictions for anyone.
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Technology
- Institutions independent of any School
- Bio logical
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Social Science
- Islamic Studies
Courses which are NOT eligible for Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Who can apply for Gates Scholarship? You can apply for a Bill Gates Scholarship For International Students if you are:
A Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
Academic Excellence: Candidates must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, experience)Reasons for Choice of Course: You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
Required Documents (Application Materials)
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Deadline
The last date to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 For USA Applicants residing in the USA is 14th October 2020
And the Last Date for all the Other International Applicants is Depend on the Course They Chose. Most of them having a Deadline is either 3 December 2020 or 7 January 2021
Go and check more details(Click Here)