For the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023 in Japan, applications are now being accepted. The University of Tokyo seeks to assist undergraduate students from various nations who wish to pursue careers in biology or closely related fields and who also wish to continue their graduate studies with experience in both primary and translational biomedical research. International students will be able to develop their research-related knowledge and abilities. Through joint projects, the students are also likely to widen their global network. Undergraduate students can conduct scientific research projects at top universities thanks to the Amgen Scholars Program. The Amgen Scholars Program offers ambitious and gifted undergraduate students from all around the world the chance to study scientific research at one of the best universities in Asia and the whole world.
Students can gain excellent hands-on research experience through the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program at graduate schools and the University of Tokyo research institute. In the United States in 2006, in Europe in 2008, and in Japan at Tokyo and Kyoto Universities in 2015, the Amgen Scholars program was founded. At many prestigious international institutions, the fully sponsored research internship conducts scientific research projects. The UTokyo Amgen Scholars program will take conducted in Singapore and Japan from 5 June to 5 August 2023. Young students will gain short-term biomedical research skills in the fundamental and translational sciences under the guidance of several faculty members through this fully sponsored research internship. Participants will also develop their global networking and subject-matter expertise. Students have a wonderful opportunity to finish their summer internship in Japan through the University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program. Participants will explore, and a doorway to their future careers will be revealed.
Students participating in the University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program will meet with faculty members beforehand to build a detailed research plan before travelling to Japan. This makes it possible for the labs and students to properly prepare their study methodologies and contents. Once the students arrive, they will work in the lab with other graduate students while being closely supervised by full-time tenured faculty members.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit your application is 1st February, 2023.
- Organization: University of Tokyo
- Country: Japan
- Access Mode: On-Campus
Field of Study
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Institute of Industrial Science
- Graduate School of Science
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- They must have completed a minimum first year of undergraduate study when the summer program begins.
- Students who are graduating after the summer program begins are eligible.
- They must have a strong record of academic performance.
- Furthermore, students must be proficient in English, they must demonstrate a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, or IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not their first language.
- They must have an interest in pursuing a PhD.
- Devote their efforts to participate in the Amgen Scholars Program.
- Scholars cannot take courses or hold a job throughout the program.
- All participants must attend the program for its entire duration.
How To Apply
- Follow all application directions closely and start obtaining the supporting documents early.
- Review the selection criteria before applying.
- Complete the Online Application carefully.
- Applications for the program must be submitted online.
- Prepare Supporting Documents for the program.
- Two Letters of Reference from the recommenders.
- Applicants must fill out the application form, provide personal details and chosen field and lab, and submit supporting documents.
- Applicants must apply before the deadline ends.
- Applicants will be notified by mid of March 2023.
- The application cannot be edited after submission.
- Before you start the application, make sure to check the details on the official website thoroughly so you do not miss any important point.
- Portrait photo
- Scanned copy of ID card and Passport
- Resume/CV and Cover letter
- Academic Transcript
- Proof of English proficiency from your University
- Two Recommendation Letters (Instructions)
- Paid International Internship in Japan.
- Students will receive a monthly Stipend of 250,000 JPY.
- Economy-class airline tickets for flights.
- Free Accommodation will be provided near the campus.
- Special seminars for students to meet and have discussions.
- Opportunity to learn the Japanese language.
- Opportunity to visit institutes associated with biomedical research, Special seminars and sessions.
- Students can access UTokyo campus facilities such as the Library, Gymnasium and Health Care Center.
- Experience Japanese cultural events.