A compensated opportunity to polish your talents at a major news organization and broaden your knowledge of environmental concerns is the Grist Fellowship Program. The training is intended to equip aspiring environmental journalists with the skills they need to succeed in the climate and environmental media. They include training in a variety of skills essential to a future in journalism, real-world experience at a bustling news organization, and exposure to the top sustainability theorists and thinkers of the day.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply is 19th December, 2022.
- University or Organization: Grist
- Access Mode: On-Campus
Open to budding media professionals who have shown a commitment to covering environmental and climate issues.
- Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- As long as you match the requirements for each post, you are eligible to apply for more than one fellowship in a given cycle.
- Fellows must be able to work in the United States and have a U.S. address. To that end, they are permitted to operate remotely from any place as long as they can adhere to Grist’s regular business hours. Fellows might also have the choice of working at Grist’s Seattle or New York offices, depending on COVID-19 safety regulations. There is no requirement for fellows to relocate, and they always have the option of working remotely.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship apply through their official website
- The base pay for these occupations is $50,000 per year.
- Fellows and their qualifying dependents are also qualified to take advantage of Grist’s health insurance programs like limited-term workers.
- Each fellow will be given a business laptop to use while working at Grist.