The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship application period for 2022–2023 is now open. While pursuing graduate studies at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, the Fellowship offers funding for master’s and doctoral degrees to graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States to take part in educational, cultural, residential community building, and leadership development programmes at the East-West Center (UHM).
Receiving an East-West Center fellowship at UHM entails more than just getting a financial assistance award. Graduate student fellows at the East-West Center live together and engage in both intellectual and social activities with one another because the main goals of the institution are to foster an understanding of the Asia-Pacific community and to prepare students for future leadership roles.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply is 1st December, 2022.
- University or Organization: EAST-WEST CENTER
- Access Mode: On Campus
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants for the East-West Center Graduate Scholarship must be citizens or legal residents of one of the nations mentioned below.
1. United States
2. American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Wallis and Futuna Islands are all included in the Pacific region.
3. Southeast Asia: Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka are all in South Asia.
4. East Asia: North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Mongolia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Taiwan.
- Candidates for graduate program must hold a 4-year bachelor’s degree from an approved U.S. college, or its equivalent.
- Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0-A scale) or the equivalent in the final four semesters or final six quarters of their undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to apply by clicking the following link: click here to apply
The following expenses are covered by the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
- Full-time graduate tuition and fees for master’s or doctoral studies at the University of Hawaii at Manoa up to the same amount as the general tuition charged to post-baccalaureate students.
- Based on single occupancy, housing in a residence hall at the East-West Center.
- A stipend to help with food and other incidentals.
- A stipend for books, supplies, and materials.
- Financial assistance for health insurance.