Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship portal is now open for Scholarship. Applications can be submitted online at HEC online portal. The last date to apply for Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship is extended till November 30, 2020. The 6th meeting of Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship project steering committee was held on Monday. It was decided that the Ehsaas application portal was opened on Sept 5, 2020, to receive applications for the year 2020-21.
A total of 4.87 billion rupees worth scholarships have been awarded to 50,762 undergraduate students in the academic year 2019-20. Last year, 132,192 undergraduate students had applied for scholarships through HEC’s online portal. The need cum merit scholarship covers tuition fees and a living stipend. In addition to tuition fees, students are given PKR: 4,000/- monthly stipend for living expenses. The meeting adjourned with the decision that the Ehsaas undergraduate portal will open on Sep 5, 2020, to receive applications for the year 2020-21.
The government of Pakistan has launched the country’s largest undergraduate Scholarship program Ehsaas Undergraduate scholarship in 2019. Under the Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship program, 200,000 scholarships are to be awarded to the deserving students in the four years. 50% quota is reserved for female students. Ehsaas scholarship is a fully-funded program, which not only covers tuition fees but a monthly stipend will also be provided to the scholars.
Main Features of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
- 50,000 Scholarships per annum
- 200,0000 undergraduate scholarships in 4 years
- 50% of seats reserved for Girls
- Full tuition fee 4000 Monthly
- Stipend Special Preference to disabled and students belonging to underprivileged areas
Eligibility Criteria for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program 2020
- Deserving students from low-income families
- Undergraduate students enrolled in affiliated public sector universities are eligible to apply
- Only those students are eligible who got admission on merit basis in public sector respective universities
- Students who got admission on self-finance / self-support program are not eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Students availing any other scholarship or grant from any source are not eligible to apply
- Students already availing any other scholarship or grant from any other source are ineligible to apply
- This program is only for regular students. Distant learning students are ineligible
Ehsaas Scholarship program will offer need-based scholarships to the students of undergraduate degree programs.
How to Apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
- Eligible candidates can apply online at http://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf
- The complete application form can be submitted to the respective university’s financial aid office
- Do not submit the application form directly to HEC or BISP