The Govt. of the Punjab has launched Ph.D Foreign Scholarship programme under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, are selected for award of Ph.D scholarship to pursue Education from the top 50 ranked universities of the world. The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while have also allocated a special quota for the students coming from other federating units of Pakistan as well.
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/CMMS.html)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years at the time of submission of application
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past .
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
Existing permanent / regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Ph.D Foreign Scholarship
PhD Scholarships awarded under CMMS are fully funded and cover the following costs:
- 100% Tuition
- fees Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Health Insurance
Discipline wise allocation of scholarships:
Allocation of the scholarships is as follows:
- 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities and Arts.
Geographical distribution of scholarships:
Geographical distribution of scholarships is as follows:
- 90% scholarships are awarded to the students of Punjab.
- 10% scholarships have been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.