Applications are now open for the BeChangeMaker Africa 2021 to inspire action on global challenges through social entrepreneurship and the power of skills.
BeChangeMaker provides access to high quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors. It is also part of the implementation of the African Union’s One Million by 2021 Initiative.
HP LIFE, a programme of the HP Foundation, provides 32 FREE online learning courses for entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business owners worldwide.
Thirty teams are chosen for BeChangeMaker Africa 2021 with projects tackling a range of economic and societal challenges. Between August and November, they will have access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors. Top five teams will compete in the grand finale to be the winner of BeChangeMaker Africa.
- Technology for startup acceleration: Access to powerful tools and workflow that enable you to better collaborate with your teams, apply your learning, and create your work quickly and effectively.
- Access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE: Begin your journey as a social entrepreneur by taking HP LIFE online courses: Starting a Small Business, Design Thinking, Basics of Finance, Social Media Marketing, Finding Funding, and many more!
- Connection to a diverse global network: Network with like-minded and awesome individuals who strive for a cause. Tap into and get connected with WorldSkills and HP’s network of experts, mentors, potential supporters, and investors.
- Dedicated coaching and customized support: Receive virtual coaching and support to accelerate your training progress, as well as regular feedback and mentoring to ensure that you are on the right track.
- The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-programme coaching. Additionally, the top three teams from the pitch finale will each receive EUR 2,000 cash award.
To be eligible to enter the BCM, the participants must:
- be from 18 to 35 years old,
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation,
- join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum),
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International, the HP Foundation, and the African Union are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
- The Top 30 teams will be selected to officially join the programme. The announcement will be made on 6 August.